Dedicated to the memory of Mr. Larry M. Kilgore Jr.
On August 5, 2015 we the Table of the Saints, Inc. were gifted a two family unit home by Maureen Kilgore-Marx with the desire to keep her late husband Mr. Larry M. Kilgore’s life’s work alive. Larry Kilgore was a friend and mentor to those incarcerated and returning to the community.
After much help with restoration from Milwaukee Friends Meeting, Marquette University and community donors we were able to open on Christmas Day for our first guest and resident Mr. Aaron Boucher. Aaron was in dire need of housing and we decided to give him a chance. Aaron was with us for a little over a year with no plans to leave soon. On February 10, 2017 Aaron went home to be with the Lord.
The Table of the Saints, Inc. is committed to helping those who are incarcerated and formerly incarcerated to make a positive transition into community and family life. Our goal is to help the returning citizens with their re-entry process through walking in obedience as men and women of God and upstanding citizens in our community. Our role is providing social services for those seeking to successfully make a transition from incarceration back into society, by providing restorative life skills through:
- Christ-centered after care
- Professional counseling
- Mentoring and aftercare program.
In doing this transformational service we hope to:
- reduce the problems of recidivism in our community
- help each person heal and embrace their moral compass of faith, family and home
- actively combat the individual and community problems that contribute to the needless waste of human resources
- encourage men and women to become actively aware of, and to consciously cultivate their greatest potential for human development, so that they continually become productive community citizens.
“Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be Shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Acts 20:28
|Fundraiser for Family House & Re-Entry|